You wouldn’t drive your car for 12,000 miles without an oil change, right? Well, think of your Air Conditioning unit in the same way. They are expensive pieces of equipment that require service and maintenance to keep running in tip-top condition - and it is sure miserable when they break down! Annual maintenance on your AC system is a must, even on new equipment. Filters should be changed or washed (depending on the type) 3-4 times per year, and outside condensing units should have the following maintenance performed at least one time per year:
- Visual inspection to identify leaks and other visible problems
- Electrical inspection to include checking wire connections, taking amp draws and cleaning contactors
- Check refrigerant pressures and recharge if needed
- Check supply and return temperature splits
- Test operation of unit in cooling mode to identify any problems with fans, motors or thermostats
You should be provided a detail of the items/operations reviewed while performing maintenance on your unit with the Make, Model and Serial number of your unit(s) listed. Having these simple steps performed by a licensed contractor on an annual (or seasonal) schedule will keep your unit at peak performance during even the hottest Southern Nevada summers!